Tuesday, May 5, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

I'm tired of just looking [or uploading and never looking again] at my photos on the computer. I'm tired of never getting past uploading them to the computer and that's only after my card is full.
one: Last night I fell in love with the idea of pictures coming out of a polaroid camera [I think it was her fault]. I want instant gratification. I want a photo in my hand now. I found the perfect one. It even had someone's grandma's handwritten instructions on it. I set my bid as high as I could justify and I walked away so I wouldn't be tempted to bid higher.
I lost by $.50 and I'm sad about it. Not because there aren't more cameras like it out there for the winning, but because I lost the grandma instructions. I should have bid higher. Dang. I shouldn't have been looking in the first place.
two: I'm obsessed with the idea of decorating my house. I need color pops and happy things. I need the magical power of thinking something and having it happen. It would even be okay if I had to snap my fingers or say some magic word or something... I love this pillow. I want to make one or two or twelve. No, really, maybe just one. But definitely one. I just need to decide on some fabrics or I need to encounter some really great vintage paper that I can do this little project with. Seriously, she made this pillow out of her favorite vintage papers. Brilliance. I'm always hesitant to cut into fabric or paper or whatever because I'm afraid I'm jumping the gun and I'll wish I hadn't when it doesn't work or I don't cut right or it doesn't turn out like I imagined. I don't like ruining pretty things. I would just as soon have it there, nice and whole, staring at me... It's a curse and it's immobilizing. I am trying to get over that. Last week I cut into those pretty fabrics for my bag and I didn't have enough. I knew I didn't have enough but I went ahead anyway thinking I could make it work. I'm going to have to take a trip to Cedar and hope that the little shop has some left [heck, hope that the little shop is still open...]. Hopefully it's not a lost project.
Enjoy the journey!

1 comment:

  1. I'll take one :0) you know - if you're making 2 or 3 :0)

    ReplyDelete