Tuesday, May 19, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

I have been on a sewing kick lately. I don't know what it is. I'm not even that great at it. Maybe it's all of the amazing fabrics floating around out there. I just can't seem to get enough. Last week I made a sleep mask [as a sample for our girls camp/ward I.D. Melissa was looking for something cheaper than t-shirts. I'm always ready to oblige with a crazy idea...]. I made a scripture bag and have another in the works [sorry ladies... I stink at taking photos + I just remembered that I keep forgetting to keep my promise of the great pirate tutorials. It's so much easier to direct you to someone else's handy work/steal their photo]. And I intended to make the girl some cute summer dresses but, well... I'm starting to wonder if summer will be over before I get her cute summer dresses made! So basically, I've been wanting to sew...
one: picnic placemat. This is designed/made by Ella of Little Red Caboose. I think it's brilliance. Better than carting around a big huge blanket. Better than ruining all of your baby blankets. I've been thinking of having a summer camp type summer with the little men. Having special outings/projects/assignments to keep them doing things that require thought but are also fun. I probably won't get around to making something like these placemats [and you know I'm too cheap to buy them], but I love the concept. They would be especially good for fishing at the pond/hiking on the red hill. Did I mention brilliance?
two: I keep seeing adoreable fabric toys that I want to make for the girl... Pottery Barn kids has a sweet tea set and a cute little mouse house [well, they had a cute little mouse house. Now it's just this doll house that isn't quite as cute but it doesn't matter because I wasn't going to buy it anyway. I like to make life hard and try to do these things myself. The tea set seems to be gone too]. My cousin's wife Liz is making felt food for her daughter's play kitchen. And look at this rabbit! I made a tiny little rabbit when I was in high school and loved it. I love this more. And these dolls [both are made/designed by Fiona of Hop Skip Jump. The photos are hers too of course]! Barbie who? Polly Pocket...? Ah... I think the girl is going to need some friends.
I know... I need serious help. Does anyone want to trade house cleaning for cute stuff? I could totally do that.
Enjoy the Journey!

2 comments:

  1. How about house cleaning for sewing lessons! I love that you can look at something and copy it. I want to learn. I can't even sew with a pattern without someone there to help. Sewing is the bug I want to catch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time you want to sew... I'm always willing to sew [well, right now anyways]! I'm planning on doing some projects at the cabin this weekend. If you're coming you should bring something you want to make.

    ReplyDelete