Thursday, May 14, 2009

About A Boy

This is the story of my #2 aka: *A* . aka: Bigs.
This one is best described as impish. Really. From his round pixie, sunkissed face to his naughty little giggle. He is trouble and silliness and love all rolled into one very dirty and wiggly and loud little boy. His primary teacher tells me she doesn't know what child she will get on any given Sunday. Sometimes he's an angel and sometimes she wants to box his ears. Hmm... I think she'll have to get in line on that one.
Mostly he spends his days riding his bike around the neighborhood and can be found bare foot and wearing an odd assortment of superhero/karate/jedi/pirate costumes + pajamas and singing a theme song composed of various tunes and made up in betweens.
He enjoys visiting our older ward members and will just knock and ask if he can come in. Usually he walks away with some treat or another and that's just fine with him and pretty much guarantees a return visit.
He wakes up around 7:00 a.m and, with his shoes and socks already on, asks if his face is clean. Aunt Lill will only give him a cookie [um... I mean a bag of cookies] if he has shoes and socks on and his face and hands are clean. I remind him that he can't have cookies before breakfast and he breaks into an insta-cry, "I need some breakfast!" It's incredibly irritating in the end but endearingly cute in the beginning.
He still says things like, "Mom, I dot to dis end and I was lite 'hmm?' Isn't dat funny?" He is finally able to make the g + k sounds without a stick in his mouth if he is reminded. I asked him if it would be okay for me to tell his teacher [can't believe he'll be in Kindergarten] to correct him if she remembers. He said it's okay and now I just have to hope it doesn't lead to teasing from kids at school. Next up is the rrr sound .
I'll miss his happy-go-lucky attitude when he's in school, but I'm sure I'll get over it and be able to enjoy the quiet that will permeate the house until he gets home.
So, that's him in a nutshell, and also let it be known that he is very good at sharing whatever he has and he finds it silly when I stutter out his brothers name and for the life of me can't remember his. aka: argh... Whoeveryouare! He's a good boy.
Enjoy the Journey

1 comment:

  1. What fun memories to have. Your little man definately is a fun kid! Thanks for sharing some memories!

    ReplyDelete