Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

We've got some projects in the works at our house right now. *B* is working on refinishing the dining room table and I've got some fabric to recover Grandpa's old rocking chair [though *B* really likes the olive green pleather that is on it now... I think it's just because it's Grandpa's old rocking chair. I have no sympathy and I'm pretty much lacking in sentimentality at the moment so too bad for him]. I've also been trying to de-junk a little. It's a never ending battle, and I don't expect great results, but... at least I'm trying. Soooo. Today you get spiff it up ideas. I know you all wanted them anyways! one: studio spiff up ideas from Red Velvet Art* [but they work for any room... I'm loving them for my boy's bedroom. They need lots of paper hanging room so they'll stop gluing their art on the wall with elmer's]. I love the colors and the brilliant use of around the house items to display random pieces of happy things. The green ladder on the wall is the side of a thrifted crib and I love it! I especially love the pants hanger clipped on the quote. Speaking of the quote, it says, "You don't want a pony it will only eat your hat." Tell me, who doesn't need that hanging on their wall? I know I do. Such practicality. *As a side note, this post is specifically from Rachel. I'm currently taking an online home decor class and she is one of the teachers. I wish she was the only teacher. I feel like I'm wasting my money with the other ladies [not that it was a whole lot of money] I love her style and her use of color and girly and just outright fun ideas. two: this very interesting and random throw that I fell in love with and want to re-create for the girls room. I love the description they give of it: "hand-knit of multi-hued cotton into dozens of mismatched pinwheels, this cozy, quirky throw feels like a family heirloom." It's from Anthropologie so of course it only costs $198. That is so totally not do-able! I will make one myself. Not so hippie looking + more girly = perfection in my mind. I went searching for how to crochet flowers and there is definitely not a shortage of information out there. This video tutorial looked pretty easy to follow and the lady linked up her written instructions so it's the one I chose to share. If you're interested and don't like this lady just google "how to crochet flowers" and you will be in link heaven [also, in the right hand sidebar of the video page there are links to similar videos showing how to make different styles of flowers]. Enjoy the Journey! ps. today I did the grocery shopping for the first time in ... who knows how long... and I did something fun for myself. So now I've got something new in the works. Check back tomorrow for the first installment.

No comments:

Post a Comment