Tuesday, April 28, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

I've really been enjoying music lately. I get tired of quiet [not that it's ever very quiet, but I want to get out of my head]. I want to dance around and sing. But... I'm lacking music in my house. Our radio stations are, for the most part, junk. I'm anti-buying albums for just one [or two if you're lucky] song. I don't have an mp3 player or anything else technologically savvy like that. Heck... since my boys destroyed my stereo I don't even have a cd player except the computer drive. It's pathetic. However... I've found that there are some really great playlists out there. So I pull them up and clean my kitchen. I pull them up and blog. I pull them up and cook. Good thing the computer is portable.
one: Elizabeth Kartchner's playlist. It's the one I've been listening to most. I recommend skipping 3 +4 + 6 + 7, but other than that the first 20 are pretty great. And there isn't anything wrong with those songs. They're nice too. Just not what I'm looking for right now. There are others farther along in the list but it's a big list and, well... my opinion really doesn't matter that much! The greatest things this week have been: the girl dancing like babies do, and *I* bopping around the house singing, "I want my money back! I want my money back!" It's from #14: The Show by Lenka. He's so funny!
two: Apple Picking Tote from Purl Bee. A couple of weeks ago I picked up a 1/4 yard of fabric at a cute quilting shop in Cedar just because it made me happy. It's been sitting on my counter waiting for me to come up with something to do with it. Well... It's almost summer. We're spending more time out and about. park + lake + mountains = yay for new bag! If you didn't already know, I'm a total bag lady. I can't help myself and it drives *B* bonkers. I never know which bag I left my stuff in. He has hidden most of them from me...
FYI: I know I promised a tutorial by me of really great pirate stuff and I'm all over it. I just can't decide if I should do it in photo or video. I've taken photos and I'll get them put together and see if it's enough or if it would make more sense as a full on walk through. Any votes?
Well, I'm off to get my fabric pre-washed + try to get the laundry folded while it's going so that I can make a bag today [that there above is a swatch of the fabric + the bright yellow duck cloth that's left over from the teepee I think they are perfect for a cute bag]! Really working on being a productive member of society...
Enjoy the Journey!

2 comments:

  1. mmmm - those fabrics are yummy

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is going to be a cute bag. Have you ever tried Pandora? I was introduced to it by my boss, and we have enjoyed it. If you don't know what it is, let me know. We don't buy music ever, so this is a GREAT answer for us. I used to listen to peoples play lists a lot, until I wondered if they can see how long you have been on their site with the site meter thing. Then I worried about creeping someone out, thinking I was on their site all day. Am I silly. I guess that is what play lists are there for? Anyway, check out Pandora if you haven't.

    ReplyDelete