Tuesday, April 21, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

I've been working on something special that I hoped to be able to share today, but it is not to be. I'll get it put together and share it next week. It will be tutorials of my own creations from *A's* pirate party. I know you're just giddy with excitement! This week you'll get standbys that I save from my surfing expeditions... and since it just happens to be earth day tomorrow...
one: a chalkboard painted globe. I love this! It's by Elizabeth Kartchner, CK Hall of Famer. I've been thinking a lot about what I want to do with the girl's room. I have some ideas, but the colors are escaping me. Nothing is working in my mind color wise. I keep coming back to, "maybe I should repaint the room..." but I really don't want to. I love the color of the room. I'm just not sure what colors to use with it. I guess I should just take a deep breath and jump in. It will work.
two: refurbished binders. Such a fabulous idea! I have so many binders that should go into the trash for various reasons which include: because the rings + too small + the covers are trashed + we had to get a whole lot of new ones for Primary + I just happen to be the person who gets to put together teacher binders + therefore the person who couldn't bear to toss such a huge lot of binders regardless of their functionality. The great, the super inspirational, Molly Irwin did this particular one and she included a little how-to. Thank you Molly! This link will take you to the inspiration behind the inspiration. I love that Monique left the book cover mostly as it was. I think I'm wanting to make a small library of empty, but very cute, binders for the girl's room. Someday she'll thank me and I will enjoy seeing them everytime I go into her room.
reduce + re-use + recycle + enjoy the journey!

2 comments:

  1. For Ryans room I went to the scrapbook store and found some paper that I loved the color scheme from and went from there...
    Just a thought. Love the globe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. that's a great idea that could lead to real trouble for me right now... I'm currently on a binge...

    ReplyDelete