Tuesday, April 14, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

I think it's about time for a new banner. I'll add that to the to-do list I'm avoiding at present. Last night I told *B* there are so many cute + happy things in the world. I want to make them all. I'm afraid that I would then fail to view them as cute + happy only. They would then become another thing I'm packing around with me. Another thing on the dining room table. Another thing in the storage room. Somehow, I've got to resolve this issue. I'm aimless + bored when I purge it all out and go on a fast. I'm overwhelmed and overly hard on myself when I binge. What to do? What to do?
one: count yourself happy + score it. This is a good thing to think about. I got 15 due to my lack of a hot shower + my yummy lotion is in the car [where I usually am when I realize that I forgot to put on my yummy lotion]. What are your daily luxuries? Do you treat yourself well? Do you recognize the good in life daily? I love Molly Irwin. It's true. She inspires me regularly. In fact, maybe today will be Molly Irwin day. I think it will...
ha! I thought this next sharing was Molly Irwin too [and therefore would make this Molly Irwin day] but, it's not. It's Brooke Reynolds of Inchmark Journal [formerly of Martha Stewart Kids + Martha Stewart Living so of course I love her too].
two: magical thinking. Honestly, this is such a fun and simple idea and totally do-able. I tend to jot down the funny things on scraps and leave them lying around the house. It's always fun to run across them weeks later and have a good laugh, but I like the idea of being able to go to them when I need to [I also like the idea of having them in a safe + contained + findable location]. So naturally, she is brilliant for having designated a jar for them.
this is just a funny side note that I've saved to share and now seems like a good time. It's a video clip from Conan O'Brien [that is Conan O'Brian, right?] + I think it's hilarious. Everything's amazing, nobody's happy.
Enjoy the journey!
+ enjoy the spider webs too... even though they're made with what little white thread you had left and a sunday shirt is missing a button...

1 comment:

  1. The jar is GENIUS! BRILLIANT! I have a cute apothacary(sp?) jar that I loved but wasn't sure what to do with it. I think I'll invite everyone in the family to contribute. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete