Saturday, April 25, 2009

I Am Giving Up

It's been along time since I wanted to enter something in a contest. I look at the topics and think up great ideas and then never do anything about it. This time over at The Art Is Found they wanted green grass. I recently heard this song Giving Up by Ingrid Michaelson and I had a hyperfocused creativity spark. Yay! It's been so long. I've missed it.
When I was in counseling a couple of years ago Jean taught me to confront my "what if?" i.e. what if I trip and fall on my face? You make it a question (instead of an excuse not to do something) and you answer the question. If I trip and fall on my face I could break something. Then you what if the answer to the question.... what if I break something? and you keep going until you realize that there isn't anything that would be the end of the world. Not really. We're all able to pick ourselves up and dust ourselves off and keep on keeping on. This song makes me remember that. I love it! Nothing ever goes exactly like we plan. Sometimes we have to get over our fears or give up things we like for something we love. It's no secret that I didn't want to have a girl and it was all about "what if?" Well... I now have a girl and "I am giving up on half empty glasses and I am giving up on greener grasses" and I'm trying to just embrace having a girl. Here you go. The first page I've actually finished in a LONG time. Go me!
It's a background lifted from a book cover that I love The True and the Questions by Sabrina Ward Harrison and a bunch of other altered stuff. Plus a photo of my girl. I'm really happy with the way it turned out. Hopefully I won't hate it later. That's been known to happen. But, I guess if I do then I do. Enjoy the Journey!

5 comments:

  1. oh my goodness! this is just gorgeous... seriously. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. woooow.

    just wow.

    magic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You really inspired me tonight. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So stinkin' super dang cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice Mandy. I liked your post.

    ReplyDelete