Tuesday, April 7, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

I have a child who, while exhausted, will not sleep (unless I am holding her). She is miserable. I am miserable (and doing the one hand typing thing...)
Right now I am consumed with thoughts of Easter + a birthday. Mostly a birthday. *A* is turning five. He originally wanted a circus birthday. He wanted me to make costumes for everyone + he wanted to throw candy at us from the loft at G & G's cabin. Sounded like fun. I found all sorts of fun ideas and was prepared to share. Sadly, it is too muddy to get to the cabin right now and our lives have been randomly busy. The cabin is not to be. I explained that we wouldn't be able to go + therefore he wouldn't be able to throw candy off the balcony... did he still want a circus party? After discussing other party options he settled on a pirate birthday at the lake. I haven't started searching for fun ideas yet, but the cake has been floating around in my mind...
one: Pretty up a party with paper. I stumbled on the craft stylish blog today and loved this cake. How simple and fun. A great way to make a cute cake without all of the stress and mess of decorating. This could be done way in advance. I'm considering using it. It would be so easy to cut out a bunch of pirate-esque silhouettes and call it done. I am definitely considering it.
two: a fun Easter project for kids. I let *I* pick which one would be fun + he liked this one. It's from Martha and, therefore, cute (if you're looking for Easter ideas there are lots more to be had and you can find them all from this link because, of course, they are all Martha's. I'm still not quite sure what Easter eggs/bunnies/chicks have to do with the resurrection of our Savior, but they are cute and we celebrate on Saturday).
Enjoy the journey!

1 comment:

  1. Oh - I am SO sad I didn't see these before Easter! Who am I kidding? We didn't even dye eggs this year. But they are stinkin' cute. AND I also LOVE the sweater. And I really wish I had listened to our patient Grma and learned to crochet. I was WAAAAAY too much of a brat.

    ReplyDelete