Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mandi Makes

Inspirational lunch sacks. Made with Kitschy Digitals Monotone Fresh Feathers Kit. As I was pulling this project together I thought of what I could tell you about it. My immediate thought was, "don't try this at home!" But that sounds so discouraging. Truth told, this project was frustrating and discouraging, but not to be undone, I forged ahead and have figured it out. Printing on three bags with success? I call it smashing hit. You may now proceed with confidence. Just make sure you follow these three simple rules for printing:
  1. Print a trial run on a plain sheet of letter paper [with marks indicating the way the paper will feed into the printer] including crop marks.
  2. This part might be confusing as explained. Ask if you need to... You'll want to change the direction of the fold on the bottom of the bag so that it's on the side with the seam. You don't want to print on the seam side so you're making your printing surface one solid, flat sheet, so to speak.
  3. Use your trial run as a stabilizer for your bag by taping the bag directly to the paper. You'll want to tape the entire length of the bag end that will feed first as well as up the sides a bit. Then add pieces to the thickest parts so they will lay as close to the paper as possible.

Good Luck. "May the force be with you." Or if you prefer, "May the odds be ever in your favor."

[insert mischievous smile here]

5 comments:

  1. I think this is fabulous and very well explained! I will be trying this myself this afternoon if I get a free moment! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally gonna make some of these ... what a fun idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's darling!! Thanks for the pointers for when I get daring enough.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! Love the inspirational messages and love notes on the outside- perfect!

    ReplyDelete