Friday, February 18, 2011

Girl Friday

Today the girl insisted on popcorn for lunch. Really? We don't even have any of the healthy popcorn. So I compromised. She could have popcorn + cheese + banana. When I got it all laid out I realized that she must be white today [well, with the exception of the nasty fake butter stuff]. She also had a glass of milk. I think I'll give her a few mini-marshmallows when she's done.
I've been hyperfocused painting the past little bit and the blog seems to be suffering some withdrawls. I'm hoping to make up for that with a new template in the box. It's for the page I did last week. The one with the goofy glasses [aka: smartie face]. The zipped file contains the template complete with a sample page layer and a list of products used in the sample layer - you'll just want to disappear those [I'm not sure what the correct term there is]. The file was too big so I had delete the preview, but you can see it here. Also, I've added a terms of use page that has a quote from Mondo Beyondo that I really liked. It's a PSD file also so you can disappear the terms and print the quote [that's it down there at the bottom of the post]. Hope you like it. I'm wondering how these work out. I'm planning on sharing a template at JS in a few months and would like some feedback on ease of use/kinks/likes/dislikes, etc. so if you download this please let me know and if you use it I'd love to see your page and get your thoughts on the files. Thanks!
ps. That speech block was totally inspired by Queen of Quirk. I loved using hers on the page I made and decided to make one for the template [though admittedly, mine is a bit wonky. If you prefer not wonky pick up hers. It's very straight and pretty :)]. It totally made the difference in the template [in my opinion]. It may be too close and against the rules. If someone knows please let me know and I'll take it off.

1 comment:

  1. I like the term "disappear". It just might catch on. :) Thank you for sharing the template - you already know I love that layout to pieces. Thank you!! I hope to play with it soon and would be happy to give feedback. So far, it was quite easy to download and I'm super excited. :)

    ReplyDelete