Sunday, February 6, 2011

Get Your Paint On

is awesome! I am painting! I am so excited about that fact. This is my third attempt at my first painting. I started one. It was an inspired one. The idea for it popped into my head at 3 a.m. I had to grab a pencil and jot it all down before going back to bed. The next morning I was practically giddy to paint. I even worked some collage in there. The bacground was beautiful. Exactly what I was looking for. The terrible thing is that I really have no idea how to paint. Not really. Not with acrylics. WhenI started the more detailed part of the painting I ruined it. When I tried to fix it I ruined it even more. Ready to cry, I e-mailed the teachers [Mati + Lisa] and got some encouragement back. Some much needed encouragement. And a gentle reminder that this assignment was all about shapes and color. I needed to go more basic. That first attempt? On the shelf. I may go back to it and see if it's salvageable. The second? I really, really hated the colors. The third attempt? Here you go: As I was working on the second the idea that the center block on a log cabin quilt is symbolic of the heart of the home was working it's way around my mind along with the thought to keep it simple. I thought it would be fun to start out timidly with barely there color and work outwardly until the colors were bold and full. Completely saturated. Coming out of my shell. That's another Mondo Beyondo dream.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!! So many yummy colors all in one place. I love that you told the symbolism behind it too! Oh hurray!!

    ReplyDelete