Sunday, February 13, 2011

After Much Fussing

here is my 2nd painting for Get Your Paint On. It's actually the one I started last week and abandoned. I'm still wondering if I should have left it on the shelf and worked the idea on it's own canvas, but whatever. This painting is the result of two ideas. The first being a line from this song. "Find a lock to open up a key." The second being a quote from Rumi, "You suppose that you are the lock on the door but you are the key that opens it." Obviously, I'm hyperfocused on my word: OPEN. It's all good. And can I just pat myself on the back because I totally nailed that key. I'm so proud of it. The rest, not so much [though I do kind of like the background], but the key... whoohoo!
I'm tossing around the idea of adding words to it. What say you?

6 comments:

  1. I really like it! You are right, you did nail that key. I also really like the background, and I like the patterns that you did on the lock- I think it all looks good though. Yay for you for exploring some more of your endless talent. I think that you are so creative, have brilliant ideas, and a have a great eye for what looks good. Keep up the good work. As far as words? I am not sure- I have no clue about things like that. Could you do something to test the words out on there? Like something transparent, that isn't permanent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just have to ask... How in the world did you ever find that song? I like it! It was cute. I have never heard of Rabbit before. Of course I have never heard of A LOT of things before :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say it's awesome, I love it, and go with your gut on adding words.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maria, that's a good idea to test the words. I'll play with it in photoshop before I decide. As far as the song... I was pointed to it by another Mondo Beyondo student. I think it's such a fun song. In fact, today I played it for *B* and then proceeded to sing it all day. I think the meows kinda bugged him but I sing it with a da dum instead so it's all good :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE the background! And here's a clap clap clap on that key! Way to go!
    GO with the words.. you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful!! I love all the dimension.

    ReplyDelete