Tuesday, January 25, 2011

2.for.Tuesday

I've picked up some paints and two types of canvases but I'm not yet brave enough to bust it all out. I'm not sure if it's from lack of confidence/perfectionism or from the deep seeded feeling that if I take it out I will get started and one interruption will lead to another and eventually the kids will be painting and not me. Painting the table. Painting the walls. Painting each other. I'm leaning more towards it being the latter... I've been playing instead with digital painting products [swaths of paint, splatters, scribbles]. I feel like I've got a bit more learning to do for them to feel right to me, but whatever. So. Much. Fun. one: This one is about noticing the doors that are already open and being brave enough to go through them.

How long will you keep pounding on an open door Begging for someone to open it?" -Rabi'a al-Adawiyya

two: This one I was focusing more on unlocking the door.

You suppose you are the trouble But you are the cure You suppose that you are the lock on the door But you are the key that opens it -Rumi

2 comments:

  1. I love them both. Painted kiddos might just be kinda cute though, right? Really, I am just excited to see what other great things you can do. Feeling for you with the perfectionist thing.. I do have A+ blood. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your art and quotes! Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete