Saturday, January 22, 2011

A Little Bird in My Mailbox

Last night *B* took the kids [all but the smallest] for a sleepover at Grandpa + Grandma's before setting out for a day on the ice. Fishing. Heaven is a quiet house. I'm sure if my house were quiet all of the time I would feel differently, but right now. Right now it is my truth. Last night I ate chocolate. The chocolates were speaking to me. Telling me things. Things like, "take a deep breath." and "get a good night's sleep." and "close your eyes and relax." And I am not kidding when I say I need such things.

Last night I didn't listen. I continued eating chocolates while reading the archives from something called Daily Truth. How did I not know about this before? Did you know about this and didn't tell me? Found through a fellow CT member I couldn't stop reading:
"A note to our Brave Friends about these emails -We have been talking a lot this year about the lies the world forces upon us every day...lies about what is most important, who we are, who we can become, what we can accomplish, our value, our potential, our worth, what makes our lives meaningful, how & where we can find true happiness, and on and on. So we've decided to wage our own little war against those lies by sending our brave friends a daily truth. Think of it as a little bird delivering your truth-- and imagine that this truth-teller is someone who loves you and understands you completely. Your daily emails will be sent Monday thru Friday. We wish you everything joyful and brave and true.-- Much love, Melody and Kathy"
I needed this. I really, really did. And we'll just ignore the fact that I ate all of the chocolates.

3 comments:

  1. I agree about the quiet house. Sometimes there is nothing better!

    I had heard about the brave girls online classes and retreats on various blogs. It was intriguing - but I had never gone to their website to learn more. I LOVE the daily truths. Signed up right away and then dug around in the archives too. So much good there. This one is my fav so far.
    http://www.bravegirlsclub.com/dailytruths/jul0110.htm

    I love that they tell me I look gorgeous - here in my robe and shower head. ;) Oooh - and the message about finding what puts the sparkle in your eyes. Soo good and needed. Thank you for sharing!!

    p.s. Here was my status update on Facebook late Thursday.
    "Jim Bob is working late. It has been a doozy of a day. But the kiddos are now in bed and I sit here trying to decide. Dinner? Chocolate? A three course chocolate dinner???"
    Sounds like we're kinda on the same page. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it Becky. It's so nice that we're all in this together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you for sharing this!! Adore you to pieces. Thanks for making my Monday that much better. I now have a new spring in my step!

    ReplyDelete