Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2.for.Tuesday

Hello there 2011. Welcome. People, there are so many great projects out there. So many great communities. If I had the stamina and the time and the follow-through-itiveness I would join them all. Today I'll just share a few. A few that I think are absolutely do-able. Because that's what I'm all about these days. one: One Little Word. Such an amazing concept. So simple. Pick a word. A word that encompasses what you'd like this year to be. A word that is speaking to you for unknown reasons. " "Can you identify a single word that sums up what you want for yourself in 2007? It can be something tangible or intangible. It could be a thought or a feeling or an emotion. It can be singular or plural. The key is to find something that has personal meaning for you. This is not your mother's word or your spouse's word or your child's word - this is YOUR word. One little word can have big meaning in your life if you allow yourself to be open to the possibilities. And here's one thing that is totally interesting: sometimes a word will pop into your brain and it will not make any sense to you right now. Give it some time. Let it percolate a bit. I have often found that our hearts speak to us in very unique ways. Maybe this is a word you need to hear but just aren't ready for it yet. Again, be open to the possibilities. " [aezine Ali Edwards] The best thing about this project... The only thing you have to do is pick a word and see where it takes you. My word is OPEN. What's yours? two: Move More Eat Less. Tonight for dinner instead of having two tamales and a small salad I'll be having one tamal and a large salad. Mission accomplished. Oh, and I'm going to twirl with the girl. Off to do that now. And the bonus for the new year: three: Six People 12 times. A family photo a month. I love this idea! And though it might sound overwhelming, just looking through her photos and reading the circumstances in which she is taking her photos has helped me realize that it's only as daunting as I make it. four: Ali's approach to Project Life. She talked about leaving the book on an empty counter [got to find one of those] and having the stuff there in a basket for anyone who felt so inspired to just add a little something. "A family journal, compiled by our family. It makes my heart beat just a bit faster thinking about it." It makes my heart beat a little faster too.

2 comments:

  1. Fit: To make fit or suitable; to adapt to the purpose intended; to qualify; to put into a condition of readiness or preparation.

    Thanks for all of the good ideas. I always enjoy seeing what you have found!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More:
    (adj.) in greater quantity, amount, measure, degree, or number;
    (n.) something of greater importance
    There's lots I want to do more of....can't wait!

    ReplyDelete