Saturday, December 8, 2007

Day Eight... Gumdrops

Yes, we finally got it done! The boys loved it. It was fun to see how their personalities came out in their art. Both very intense. LM #1 changing his plan three time in process. LM #1 very focused and driven to get in as much as possible. He wanted all of the gumdrops. I was glad that *B* decided to join in the fun too. He said it was tedious and only covered half of his cone. That is totally his personality too. I made one as well... Yes, I am still too much of a perfectionist. I hated that we had ugly gumdrops (that is also the reason behind the black and white photos). I took a photo of them all lined up, but it just didn't do them justice. Instead you get the process...
  1. Gumdrops, toothpicks, and styrofoam cones.
  2. Stick 1/2 toothpick in gumdrop to create a "push-pin".
  3. Stick "pushpin" into styrofoam cone.
The hardest part of the project was getting to it! As you've probably guessed, the boys have already begun to dismantle their trees. Oh well, at least we did it... and I took pictures so they'll remember it.

Enjoy the journey!

2 comments:

  1. That looks so fun. I should do that with my kids. Funny how different personalities come out when you are doing projects like this. It cracks me up you wanting better looking gumdrops. That is so you, too! :) Thanks for the updates. I need to call and get a lesson on putting the pictures on the blog. I tried using your instructions and I couldn't make them work. They all just were right next to each other, and I couldn't get them to separate apart so I could make a grouping. I need to call again. My phone was on vibrate all day so I never got any of my calls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the black and white photos! Maybe I will have to do this project with Carson too, it looks & sounds like you all had a blast. Thanks for posting the instructions and sharing all of your creatve ideas!

    ReplyDelete