Monday, June 11, 2007

Cleaning 101

I found my cleaning schedule cards! I wrote these up to give myself more direction and focus in my attempts to keep a sane house. Basically I focus on one room per day and do one load of laundry (washed folded and put away) every day. Today is craft room day. I could spend a week working on the craft room alone. It has been abandoned and I don’t really know what to do with it. The assigned tasks are: clear surfaces, everything in it’s place, dust lights/ surfaces/ baseboards etc., wash walls as needed, sweep/mop, take garbage out and pull supplies for weeks projects. Well, all the surfaces are buried with the things that aren’t in their places. Seriously, It has been abandoned in the height of disaster. It will be hard, but I will do it! (I wish I had my camera so I could post a picture of the disaster!) Monday is also “wash B’s work clothes” day. The rest of the schedule is as follows:

Tuesday: Front room/den (dusting, washing walls/windows etc. *deep cleaning).Laundry load: whites

Wednesday: bathrooms (scrub shower every other week - so I only have to do one/wk) Laundry: towels/bath mats Thursday: Bedrooms Laundry: Sheets/bedding Friday: Kitchen/Dining room (I alternate planning 2 wk. menu/shop list & cleaning out fridge) Laundry: Boy’s clothes Saturday: Work in the yard Laundry: darks This is a great schedule that doesn’t seem too overwhelming to me. It was very effective when I was doing it before. The key is to just do it. The first week is the hardest because the jobs are so much dirtier. After that, as long as I stick to it the work goes relatively fast because it hasn’t had time to get really dirty yet. Cleaning Makes Me Happy! Enjoy the Journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment