Saturday, June 2, 2007

No 2 {STOP}

This is the latest one little word challenge. STOP. At first I thought, "why did they do that? Most of the pages I saw people had done included a bunch of stop in them already. But then I moved past that & started thinking about it for me. Stop is all about stopping the madness and gaining control of myself. If my boys are being crazy I always start with a simple, "stop". I always tell myself I've got to stop. So...it really is different in a sense. It is the opposite of go!
The first thing I did was chat with Maria about it. Where would I find a photo? Would I be able to find the photo I wanted? We came up with a few different options and I went searching. The one I settled on was from a CNN article about train safety. I loved the quote that was with it. "Every day two people are killed by a train, and once every three days that victim is a child." I thought that was so appropriate for what I was trying to convey. I go barrelling through life and sometimes I run over people. Sometimes, sadly, my boys get run over. I love how it all came together. The train. The red light. The quote. I remember in elementary school the whole STOP. LOOK. LISTEN. campaign. I don't even remember if it was about trains but I think it was. I thought that would be a nice touch for the journaling. Look at my boys...be aware of them. Listen to them. What they are saying and even what they are not. I love how it turned out!
enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment