Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Holding on to Gratitude

This was the assignment. Of course I've been wallowing for the past few weeks. I'm having a hard time digging myself out of this pit I fell into. I keep telling myself to just get over it. Everyday I tell myself this. And then I feel the guilt. I pile on the guilt. I tell myself to get over it again. I can't seem to do it. I had a hard time with the assignment. Oh, I know I can rattle off a list of things I'm grateful for on any given day. And I really am grateful for them. I love my kids. Today I took photos of them. Each one of them. *E* has got his smile on. He even busts out with a belly laugh on occasion. The girl found her princess. She does not know how to hold still. *A* ran into a wall yesterday and got 3 stitches. He also does not know how to hold still. He draws pictures of sea creatures and submarines on his homework. *I* created the arctic in a quarter-machine bubble. There is no end to his imagination. I enjoy them. I enjoy watching them play. I love *B*. I wish there was good light so I could take a decent photo of him when he gets home. If I could only capture it, *E* lights up when his daddy walks into the room. That would be light enough. We are healthy. We are warm + dry + we have food to eat. We are forever. We have incredible parents. We have awesome brothers + sisters. Especially sisters. We have good neighbors. We have good friends. My grandma taught me how to crochet. It's a bit like riding a bike. I have a sewing machine and I'm not afraid to use it. I have big plans in the works. Somebody put the old Disney cartoons on YouTube. The girl loves watching "Christmas Tree." Christmas is coming.

3 comments:

  1. super cute - but where are the PHOTOS??? LOL :0) Loved your list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And yes, I watched the cartoon. i couldn't help it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As The Girl says, "relax!" I've got your photo right here! I just didn't have them uploaded when I wrote the post.

    ReplyDelete