Tuesday, November 30, 2010

2.for.Tuesday

For the past few years I've fluctuated between yes December Daily and no December Daily. I've even made small bits of progress towards actually doing it each of those years. This year has been no different. I've picked up a few more sheets of paper to add to the small stash I've collected with this project in mind. I also picked up a few bundles of ribbon and some elements. Then last night I bought some digital elements from House of 3 [even though I'm not doing this project digitally]. My intentions were that I would actually accomplish the task this year. Based on the fact that it starts tomorrow and I am still dreaming + playing with ideas for the album it's looking like this year will be another great advancement towards next years album [it's a real bummer sometimes that I am so incredibly slow at this. I'm not making any promises, but I have been working on a few things today...
one: the embellished paper doily project. I followed this project with interest when Christine did it back in May. It's been stuck in my mind. I've been scrapbooking digitally for so long now that I miss holding things in my hand. I miss playing. I can't even remember how to go about doing it. I love the step by step she offered. I decided that I'll be doing some embellished paper snowflakes to add to some of my december daily pages.
two: a fun little project for you. Inspired by the Christmas Cheer Elements Kit I bought at House of 3. I bought the kit so I could make some cute little dimensional things to put on my snowflakes. One of my favorite things in the kit was a little vintage sticker/ribbon thingy. Today I printed 3 copies of them and cut them out and layered them. I loved it. I wanted more! I made a template for you. You're so lucky [assuming that it's as easy to use as I think it will be]. It's basically just the shapes you need to make the badge and a vintage picture I turned into a sticker looking element. Just add your papers digitally [I used Elle's studio + Echo Park papers from JS] using the shapes as masks and then print [or print them out as they are and use them as a template to trace around] and cut out. Stack them up and enjoy your handywork.
Easy peasy lemon squeezy [especially if you just happen to have a punch that will make that pinking circle. Then it would be really easy.
And speaking of lemon squeezy... today I made lemon simple syrup to try out a new italian soda flavor and all I can say is lemon drops anyone?
ps. as tomorrow is December 1st I've been searching for some type of Christmas countdown to add to my advent boxes. I finally found one. Here's the link if you're looking too.

No comments:

Post a Comment