Wednesday, November 4, 2009

A Story + A Little About Me + A Truth

the story: How many of you got a phonecall from a friend telling you about the deal at Payless Shoes last Friday? It had something to do with the Oprah Show and I got a few calls... send a text + get a code back = 50% of your entire purchase. I guess I'm a Payless Shoes kinda gal. Anyway, The Girl needed some new kicks so I took her and we went to see if they had anything cute. Upon entering I was floored by the line that snaked through the rows of shoes. Further inspection told me that people have no manners or common courtesy. Honestly, is it that hard to put the shoes + paper back in the box and put them back on the shelf. Shoes + paper + boxes + kids everywhere. Really. We found one pair of shoes. Just one in The Girls size. They were quite cute though so I stood in line for all of 30 seconds before changing my mind. So not worth saving ten bucks. a little about me: I have no patience. I don't love shopping. The thrill of the hunt has no pull over me. If I walk into a store that is cluttered or dirty or unmaneuverable or even if the lighting is bad [read: dingy] I will turn around and walk out. I can't do super saver stores. I just can't. Looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack is not my idea of fun. Unless [and here's the irony] it's all pretty. I have spent two hours browsing Anthropologie and wondered where the time went. And I get lost in the craft stores. And book stores. It all comes down to the, " oh, sparkly!" principle. Thus, my wardrobe. I wear jeans and t-shirts. Most of the time. I want to wear something like this [yes, I know you can't see the dress, but it's not the important part anyway]: only it would burn up our food budget for two weeks. So I think, "I could figure something out." Only who has the time. And I know the answer is in sifting through clothes at the thrift stores, etc. but I can't bring myself to do it. And now I think I've worn jeans + t-shirts for so long that I'm in that box [more on that later]. Truth: "The older we get, the fewer things we find that are worth standing in line for". Enjoy the Journey.

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way except I can't figure out what is cute on my own! I agree with the cluttered stores too, it makes me want to cry.

    ReplyDelete