Thursday, April 3, 2008

Love Story Wednesday...

On a Thursday. I figured that since this weekend is General Conference I'll tell about a little trip *B* and I took to Salt Lake in 2001 to visit with some old mission companions of mine. Since I've not kept any type of order I'll just share that we started to have a "kissing" relationship about a month previous and since I don't kiss people I'm not dating I was finally admitting that, yes, we were dating. I had been in such turmoil about our relationship up to this point. I really liked him. I knew that he would make a great husband to whoever he married. I had even been praying/ fasting/ spending time at the temple about the whole thing but I hadn't felt anything. I took that as an answer that we weren't supposed to get married. But I missed him when he wasn't around. So I guess I was just dragging him along... This was a rough weekend for us. I wasn't very nice. Everyone was asking about "us" and I wasn't shy about telling them that even though we were dating, it wasn't going anywhere. We were just having fun. This wasn't news to *B*. I'd been telling him this for months now... I don't know why he got so upset! It came down to this... I apparently made him feel like he was around for my own personal gratification and he in turn made me feel like a hussy. I was hurt and so was he. On the way home I decided that if we couldn't agree on what our relationship was and be happy about it then we should just be done with each other. So there I was, in the process of telling him (for what felt like the 100th time) that this just wasn't going anywhere and if we can't play nice then I guess we can't even be around each other... and it hit me that I was going to marry him. That was the answer I'd been waiting for and it totally shut me up... except to tell him that I was really sorry that I hurt him. Wow, I was going to marry *B*! Finally, I felt peace. Enjoy the journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment