Friday, March 28, 2008

I'm Going Crazy!

I have that obnoxious "I'm going crazy... why don't you come along" song stuck in my head. It's driving me crazy! Lately I've felt stir crazy. I keep searching the internet for something to do. I really want to paint something. I love this painting from the Black Apple lady, but I hate that she put eyes on the egg.
She calls it "a good egg is hard to find" and this is what she wrote in the description, "I am on the life-long quest for good eggs. Good eggs only need apply! This painting is a tribute to that quest and my distaste for rotten and dud-ish folks alike." I think it's the perfect tribute to a pregnant mother and motherhood in general. I'm thinking I'll plagiarize (I don't know what you would call it in art) her idea and paint one of myself'ish holding an egg... but I won't give it eyes. I feel guilty about that and if they weren't all sold out I would just buy hers (and try to over-look the eye thing) then I would have two black apples. Then I think, "what makes me think I can paint? I'd just be disappointed because it wouldn't look like hers." Still pondering on that. I am supposed to be painting "Eliza" for Melissa's new baby. Maybe I'll start that someday. Someday.
Enjoy the Journey

2 comments:

  1. If anyone can paint, you can. You should totally do it! You are an amazing artist.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you should try it if you want to do it. I think these pictures are cool. I don't love the eyes so much either, but everything else about it is so cute. I even like her description. I can't tell you how many times I have seen things online and thought, that looks like Mandi could have made it/ written that. I know you are not a Crafter, but if you ever decide that you are again, I KNOW that you could do anything that these other people are doing. You are AMAZING! Hope you are are feeling ok.

    ReplyDelete