Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Love Story Wednesday

I was going to write about our first kiss today, but I found something in my journal that made me laugh so I thought I'd share that instead... I had "re-met" *B* about a month previously at the fireside and apparently we had been doing a lot together because he had come to the hospital with Taco Bell for lunch. We went into the x-ray breakroom to eat and this older guy Norman was in there with Shaun (they were both really a big smart-alecs and actually pretty funny). He said, "Well... who might this be?" I told him he was *B*. "And who is *B*? A friend? A boyfriend? What? Before anyone else could say anything Norman pipes up with, "He can't be in here." I wasn't really sure if he could be or not so I asked if he was serious. His answer was this: "Friends and good friends have to leave, but he can stay if he plans on marrying you." Get this, *B* got all comfy on the couch and said, "I guess that means I get to stay." I just about fell on the floor. After all of that I thought this would be a good time to inform him that I was going to set him up with a girl in my ward named Sara. He asked why, like I was trying to pawn him off onto someone else. I figured he wanted to find someone, I wanted him to find someone besides me... why not? After we ate I was guiding him out of the maze that is the hospital and we ran into Norman and Shaun again. Norman said to *B*, "I hope you know what you've got there. She's a great catch... A great girl. You can't do any better than *M*. Hang on to her. Marry her quick." Shaun thankfully came to my rescue and told him to knock it off because he was embarrassing me. *B* leaned over and looked at my face... "are you embarrassed?" he asked. No! Only horrified. I was so trying to keep our relationship uncomplicated. Enjoy the Journey!

3 comments:

  1. I look forward to reading your new love story every week! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is amazing how much help people try to give. I can just picture the look of horror on your face. Thanks for the fun posts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love reading your love story posts. I wish now that I had kept a journal so I could remember all of the fun memories.

    ReplyDelete