Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Yes, It's Wednesday

But I can't find my journal right now. *B* helped me clean the house this last weekend (as he usually does). So... I love *B*! Today I was elected PTA treasurer. I actually chose the job early as one that would be acceptable in lieu of getting stuck with something that would cause me a lot of greif and stress. I hope it works out okay. They are having Utah PTA convention next month and Shannon Hale (author of my newest favorite books: Goose Girl, Enna Burning, River Secrets, Book of a Thousand Days, and Princess Academy) is a keynote speaker. I told Melissa (elected Secretary... with some prodding) and Kim (newsletter & Hospitality) that we need to have a girls break and go hear Shannon Hale. Who cares about PTA Convention? Anyway, I'm thinking that I'll see what this PTA thing is all about and maybe suggest we conserve our resources and switch to a PTO next year. I'm gathering my ammo! I also signed up to decorate a teachers/administrators door for Teacher Appreciation Week. I have no idea what they usually do and asI was checking out some of my favorite blogs before going in search of ideas I was inspired by this: It's from Elsie's blog. What do you think? Wouldn't that be a cool door if it said, "you rock!" or "We love you!" or something similar? I think it's very simple and cute and I would write on one of the stickies, "just a note:" I love the simpleness of it. I think it's the winner! Whew, that was just too easy! Lastly, I've been returned to the Primary Secretary world. The current secretary and I have traded jobs. I am so glad! Enjoy the Journey!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, way to keep it all in the ward! Who is the new PTA president?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey! We can be primary secretary buddies! I'm the sec in our ward too :) That door idea is REALLY cute!!!
    -mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are way busy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the door idea, Sometimes less is more. I think it will turn out cute. Wow Mandi, you have got lots going on. It's nice that you are back to secretary. I bet you're sad? :)

    ReplyDelete