Friday, May 2, 2008

Here's an Idea...

In my 20 min. surfing (that has "suprisingly"/consistently gone longer than originally planned) I found this idea... "Starting this Friday, the 25th of April, our masterplan is to photograph the day in full, then document that day in a scrapbook. And the same on the 25th of May, the 25th of June and so on…for an entire year. By then, we will have captured an entire year of life as we live it, with the changes, celebrations and obstacles that come our way. I would love for you to join us." Shimelle has designated the 25th of every month to scrap your day. Yes, I realize that I am no longer a scrapbooker, but am still having issues about getting my stories told in a way that is fun and non-obsessive and non-stressful and non-mess creating. I've still not found it. Blogging helps, but I like to look at and touch things. HMM. Anyways, I thought this might be fun to try. If you want to try it with me... Do you love that I keep changing my mind? The 365 project, though a very cool idea, isn't happening. I've not been able to find myself blogging and telling the stories I'd really like to keep. I have problems with follow-through... have you noticed? The link above will take you to Shimelle's Scrap Your Day introductory page. She gives a lot more details about it and some instructions you can choose to follow (or not) as well as a supplies list if you want to do what they are doing (it has something to do with a 15x7 spiral bound calendar by Making Memories). They started April 25th, but I don't think that really matters! So, the BIG QUESTION: Can I committ to carrying my camera all day on the 25th and write about it? Well, we'll just see. I think it might be fun. Come and play with me! Enjoy the Journey! PS: Shimelle has my number today I guess, I've added a link (under Check It Out) to a series she did in February called "Write it down". They are just journaling prompts (one for every day in Feb.)to tell stories and get you thinking about things past and present. It would only link up the main page so you'll have to scroll down to her 1/31/08 post to get to the begining of the exercise. It must be idea day.

2 comments:

  1. That was a fun idea. I checked out her month if ideas. I liked that. People sure come up with cool ideas. I like blogging- then I can see/use peoples ideas without having to actually come up with it myself. Hope you are doing well. I need to all someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted to say Happy Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete