Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Love Story Wednesday

This story is set on Dec. 15, 2000. It had been a really eventful day. *B*'s mom wanted to meet me so we went to Cedar and she taught us how to make cinnamon & orange rolls (I have no idea how to do that now, so don't ask). That night we went to my work Christmas party but showed up at the wrong house. Funny thing is, the people at this party didn't catch on any faster than we did. I just kept looking around for someone I knew... After making it to the right party we went to a movie and after that we spent some time chatting on the couch at my apartment. This is the question I got... "What am I going to do with you (like I'm some naughty little child and he's absolutely at a loss as to how to handle me)?" He got a question right back. "What do you want to do with me?" And then he got a, "Talk to me Bruce" (I always used to say that to him, and still do on occasion. I think it's funny. When I say it I try to imitate Tom Cruise in Top Gun when he is freaking out and rubbing his dog tags saying "talk to me Goose". I don't think that *B* realizes it, but one day he will and then he really will think I'm crazy. Maybe that's why I think it's so funny). Anyway, the poor guy was so confused... he just liked me too much. Me, the heartless (manipulative) wench that I am... This is what he got: "Do you think it's possible that you only like me because you're tired of being alone and I'm here?" He got a lot of how I was feeling told to him in a way that made it sound like he was feeling it. I told him to quit trying to talk himself into liking me. This is how I ended the day, "I think he's confusing himself unnecessarily. I wish he'd stop."

2 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading your love stories. Keep 'em up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were NOT an easy catch Mandi. Kudos to your husband for really hanging in there.

    ReplyDelete