Friday, April 25, 2008

Yes, It's Me...

My sister, Erin, has a MacBook and you can do all kinds of crazy things with the built in camera. It's called photobooth. On a girls weekend we were getting the biggest kick out of the different pictures we got. If you're ever around a MacBook you've got to try it! Last night I nearly killed myself and my unborn child. We were having a neighborhood barbeque at my friend Melissa's house. *B* and I were in charge of cobbler and ice cream. When the cobbler was done I went to get the ice cream out of her extra freezer in the laundry room... as I was talking to someone. I totally wasn't thinking and I opened the door and walked right into her cellar. The stairs are very steep and there is no introduction. I walked right into nothingness and I fell. I still had the door knob in my hand and the when my full weight hit the door it swung me over to the wall where I hit hard enough to scrape up my arm and bruise my leg. My feet were still at the top. Heavenly Father totally blessed me, because in retrospection I have no idea how I kept ahold of the door knob (and for that matter, how the door & knob of that 100+ year old house held up my 200+ lbs). I couldn't stop shaking for an hour. Blessings. Lastly, I am looking for fun fabric to reupholster two chairs in my front room and possibly the dining room chairs. Should be fun (if I can committ)! Enjoy the Journey

4 comments:

  1. I had no idea that happened! Why didn't you say anything last night? I'm so glad you and the baby are okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Grief Mandi!!! Yikes! Jared was talking to me while I was reading it & I guess my eyes got really big and my mouth dropped. He found it hillarious. I'm glad you guys are ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gotta love the picture in the previous post. It gave me a good laugh. I am glad that you and your baby are okay after your little fall. Like you said, someone was watching out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scary! I've been down in that cellar and it is steep. I'm so glad for the little doorknob. The babe was probably a little shaken up too! I'm glad your ok. I'll have to look up Macbook I havne't heard of it before.

    ReplyDelete