Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Love Story Wednesday

We're going to skip around the story a little bit. There is no rule about having to go in order, right? Today I'll tell you how *B* propositioned me (as he puts it). Actually, he is telling me now that he didn't propose to me, I proposed to him... I know that isn't true, but he thinks it's funny that I didn't write anything down from that time and told him I needed his help. ha ha! After spending Saturday with his family... and the maternal extended family at the coal mines up by Tropic having an Easter picnic and egg hunt (and, I later learned, raising a lot of questions because we were so cozy... apparently his sister & brother-in-law didn't even know we were dating). On the way home we stopped off at *B*s favorite fishing hole, Quail Creek, and chatted for a while. He spontaneously blurted out, "let's get married." My response was, "okay." As you imagine that scene think of the way I say okay when I think someone is being crazy (even though I figured he was serious) and you'll have it about right. He looks at me kind of thunder-struck'ish... "really?" he asked. I thought about it for another second and said, "sure." I can't even begin to tell you how cute he was. Giddy is the best way to describe the way he was bouncing around. I just laughed. I had known for a month or so that we were going to get married eventually, but that's another story for another Wednesday. There are a few fuzzy details but *B* says it doesn't matter because we are happily married now. I hope you are all thinking of your own love stories and writing them down if you already haven't. Enjoy the Journey!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, how sweet! A lot more romantic than Steve's proposal to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I have ever heard "your story" before. I love how you describe *B* as being giddy. I can totally picture that. He loves you SO much. I can totally tell that when I am around you two.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I counted right, this was post 99!

    ReplyDelete