Monday, February 25, 2008

It Just Doesn't Work

It just doesn't work to be a mom and to be sick. I've been fighting this... yuck... for approx. two weeks now and it finally hit me hard on friday. I spent Saturday and Sunday in bed (sort of). On Saturday I "thought" the boys were playing outside (they had asked to take Bully, a stuffed dog they have become obsessed with lately, for a walk). The phone rang. It was our neighbor... "Sister Miles, I just saw your boys walking down 100 South headed toward 400 East." Wow, that's like three blocks away! I hurried and threw on something more appropriate than a robe and hopped into the blazer to get them. Just as I was about to pull out a memeber of our bishopric pulled up with my two little wanderers. Thank you! As I quizzed the little men about what they were doing it made perfect sense... They were looking for their dad. Well, there you go. How about you wander the entire city looking for your dad when all you had to do was come into my room and say, "Mom, where did Dad go?" I could have easily told them he was at Lowe's to get some trim to finish trimming out the inside of our doors and also to pick up some beet and spinach seeds for our little garden and avoided the whole situation. But that would be too easy! On Sunday we had our FHE about the parable of the talents and tried to liken it to our situation at hand (little wandering men... did I tell you they went to the park alone a couple of weeks ago?). The first guy had five rings (representing how far he could wander from home) around him because he was older and had been given "according to his several abilities". The second guy only had two and the third guy only had one. In our story the 2nd and the third guys both lost their rings because they showed they weren't responsible enough to go anywhere and that's why they are now doomed to remain inside the fence until next week when we can have another reckoning. If they blow it again they will have to remain inside the house. Yes, I will love that. It will be so easy! Enjoy the Journey

2 comments:

  1. I feel bad that you're sick. It turns out Steve took over for you in the daycare. Haha! Bet he wasn't counting on that when he woke up this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That confirms my theory. It just does not pay for the Mom to be sick. I hope you feel better real soon. Your FHE comparison is awesome! Good thinking. Your little guys crack me up. At least you have taught them to be confident little problem solvers. They were on their way to figure it all out. Detectives! My boys won't hardly go anywhere without me in full view. Some times it drives me crazy. Maybe we could find a happy medium somewhere.! :)

    ReplyDelete