Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Love Story Wednesday

I've been looking at the list again. Sometime I'm going to have to start telling my stories. I've noticed that a few of the blogs I frequent have a plan. They talk about specific things on certain days. I think that might make it easier. So, today is telling my love stories. I'll have to try to remember that Wednesday is love story day... if it doesn't turn out to be an inspiring love story day I'll change it, but for now, Wednesday it is. I will start with the first time *B* and I met. We I was at his parents house with a group of people I had been hanging out with (his brother included). We were going to have a game night but at this point in the story we were all standing around in the kitchen talking about disgusting things we had eaten on our missions. I was pondering about how pathetic my life was because I had been hanging out with these guys for a couple of months and was getting a, "you went on a mission?" reaction. Seriously, come on guys... I think we've had this conversation before. So there I was, thinking, "what am I doing here with these people?" and *B* walked in... looking very rugged and mountain man'ish from his elk hunting expedition. No, I'm not going to lie and tell you it was love at first sight. Honestly, I was thinking, "Wahoo! I'm saved!" and praying that he'd be more interesting than a bump on a log. We talked for a while and then I migrated with the rest of the group to play games and he did what ever mountain men do when they come in from the mountains. I didn't think anything more about him until I saw him at a fireside a few months later ( I had since moved to the city he lived in)... again my response when I saw him was, "wahoo! I'm saved!" For some reason I was the creepy guy magnet at the firesides and didn't have it in me to be really blunt and outright rude to them. I am not kidding when I tell you that I almost ran to *B* when I saw him across the gym. He saved me at those firesides more than once and I am being entirely honest when I say that I was totally using him for my own selfish desires. He was my white knight on a steed. Literally. So, that's it. My stories will be about as interesting as they come. Maybe after I tell about the true love I'll share some of my creep stories... like the time this guy asked me to go out for ice cream but then drove to the temple and started playing with my hair... eww! Enjoy the Journey!

2 comments:

  1. How cute! I love hearing my friends' love stories.

    I used to be a creep magnet too. It was because I was nice to everyone, and some people don't get treated nicely very often, so they latch on to the smallest smile or hello.

    Maybe I'll try the love story thing. Sounds like fun. I run out of things to blog about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be fun Mandi. You know, I am sure that I have heard all of this before, but I don't remember it all, so I am excited for Wednesdays.

    ReplyDelete