Tuesday, February 26, 2008

I Love...

I love it that I've got such great people around me. I've had chicken soup brought to me for lunch the last two days. How cool is that! I've never had anyone bring me something when I'm sick. People ask occasionally, but they never call up and say, "Have you eaten yet? I've got chicken soup for you. Can I bring it by?" I love a good book. I may have mentioned that I started reading The Kingdom and the Crown series again. I read the first one, Fishers of Men, and then went to get the next one from the library but it was out. I've had to request it. While waiting I've been reading The Peacegiver again. These are all repeat reads, but totally worth it. They are excellent books. I love hula seventy's pictures. She finished her 365 photo project. Hers was in conjunction with her 36th birthday to-do list. She did a photo a day... not necessarily self-portraits. I love the colors and the perspectives. They just make me happy to look at. I need to take a photography class. How does she get her colors to pop like that? I love it when *A* says, "okey dokey artichokey" I love the inspiration I find on the world.wide.web... I am making a tiny-art painting on a recycled thank you card. I'll post it tomorrow. It was inspired by Kal Barteski. I think she's way fun and I also love her triple-arm pumps. Enjoy the Journey!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, your links are fun to look at. I need to re-read the Peacegiver too. That is a great book. Thanks for reminding me about it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad that people have been so good to you. Isn't it so nice to not have to ask someone for help, but they just think of it themselves. I want to be more like that. Are you feeling any better?

    I just finished reading The Peacegiver last week. I had started in St George, but just couldn't finish it. It was a great book, with perspective that I had never really "gotten" before. I just finished a book tonight at work. My Mom recommended it to me. It is a fast read, kind of a funny, light hearted, nice book. It takes place in Botswana. It is called the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith. Have you heard of it? It is the first in a series. Check it out. I also just checked out a book by Jan Karon that she recommended- The Mitford? Series. Same thing, she said that they are just nice books to read. I have been reading at work lately. I never do it at home, but late at night, no one calls, so I have been reading some. I have enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete