Friday, September 7, 2007

I {heart} Hand-Me-Downs

Really, I do love hand-me-downs. Such a blessing. I have been horrified at the thought of the women in my book group coming to my house and thinking that we're white trash. I realize that I'm probably overly sensitive. I jump to assumptions way to soon and make up people's minds for them. I do know that maybe one of them would understand what we've been through. One other actually knows. The rest... married in school, graduated to white collar jobs, moved into big houses. I want everyone to love my house in all of it's imperfect, unfinished, white-trash'ish glory! REALLY! It has such potential.
So, Greg Abbott (of the white Christmas lights house accross the street) mentioned to Aunt Lill that on occasion he would have nice furniture that his clients didn't want anymore, so if she knew anyone who needed furniture he was usually always looking to give some away. When Lill told me that I immediately raised my hand, "Oh, pick me! Pick me!" I bit down my pride and called him. He had a couch! It isn't the couch of my dreams, but it's 1,000,000+ times better than what we currently have on display. What we have has great bones. I still want to try to recover them in fabric that I love, but for now... they have seen their day and performed well beyond what anyone could expect. So, Yeah for us! We've got a new couch!
I was interrupted in the middle of my writing by a phone call. B's afternoon break. Can I just tell you how much I hate money? Honestly! Why does everything in the world come back to money? I was just having fun dreaming and then...BAM! Money. Yep, I hate it. Can't I even dream? What a total bummer.
Trying to remember to enjoy the Journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment