Wednesday, June 23, 2010

I Am Lame.

I admit it whole heartedly. I've been dreaming of the perfect rag doll to make for the girl. I've not seen patterns that are exactly what I want so I decided to use my mad fake it skills and just jump in with both feet. But, you see, my mad fake it skills don't quite match up with my mediocre sewing abilities. I just couldn't get the feet to be feet. I wanted feet with some kind of a shape so I could make mini felt shoes. The girl loves shoes. The feet themselves turned out fine, but they looked wonky [and not a good wonky] when I sewed them to the legs. I was bummed. And that was the end of my dreams of a perfect rag doll. But there was still a small problem. The boys knew I was making her a doll for her birthday. They won't let me not make her a doll for her birthday. But the motivation is not there. I don't want to stumble my way through a rag doll any more. I bought a PDF pattern this morning for this doll and was suddenly motivated to sew it up and be done. But the pattern still hasn't come to my inbox. So... [you know what's coming don't you. It's the, "I'm lame" part] I'm stumbling my way through sewing a doll. I'm on the internet right now seeing if the pattern has arrived [for what is possibly the 10th time since I ordered it]. I thought I'd give it a few more minutes. I should just give up checking. The rules of my life dictate that it won't arrive until I've got the doll finished. And that's just how it is. Besides. I'm almost finished. So there. Another wasted purchase. And it isn't even the doll I was dreaming of in the first place. Argh.

3 comments:

  1. I was hoping for a picture of the doll, which is wonderful...I'm sure. Because you are...crafty, talented, and creative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agh, that is frustrating...and exactly why I don't sew! However, I guarantee it will be adorable if it is made by you. I also guarantee she will LOVE it! Can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will post a picture of the doll as soon as I'm finished. I ran out of the fabric I used for the "socks" [the bottom half of the legs] and had to go and get more. And on that note... the pattern was in my inbox when I got back from the store.

    ReplyDelete