Tuesday, June 8, 2010

2.for.Tuesday

the absolute truth of it all is that I am really just trying to stay sane and keep putting one foot in front of another [and catch a quick nap if the stars all align]. one: this great quote... two: tickets. I know I promised a scripture bag tutorial. It's still in the works. I'm mostly focusing on the big summer plans I had. They're working. They're making me work. It's exhausting. I keep thinking it will get easier. That I won't have to nag and push and yell to get the boys to complete their jobs. *I* has been very motivated. He gets up at 7:00'ish and immediately makes his bed and starts on his extra job. I added one more item on the summer list just for him. I stole the "caught being good" idea from his school and made up these tickets to hand out for random things. Like the night *I* was the only person who took care of his dinner dishes. Really, the only one. That was the night I decided he needed to be rewarded for his efforts. It's nothing really spectacular, but if you're interested the tickets link will take you to the box for a download. There are eight per sheet.

1 comment:

  1. That is a great quote. I also like the ticket idea. It is surprising how motivating they can be. It is nice to be looking for good things- when you recognize them, the kids seem to do good more often. Yay for you!

    ReplyDelete