Tuesday, June 29, 2010

2.for.Tuesday

We have this amazing couple in our ward. She is from the Ukraine and he is from somewhere in South America. We love them. *B* loves to share fresh garden stuff with them. The other day they came by with a box of apricots for us. Someone let them come and pick apricots so they decided to share some with us. I've been wanting apricots and I even volunteered my swollen feet to work in the cannery last week hoping that they would have some overripe ones so I could make jam. No luck. But hey, there are always good neighbors and today my mom brought a 5 gallon bucket full from her good neighbors. Now I'm thinking not just jam, but fruit leather also. one: apricot fruit leather [or any fruit for that matter]. It looks yummy. It sounds easy enough. And I do have a convection oven to speed up the process. two: Molly's summer book. I love the idea. The boys have been doing their index card journaling and I'm trying to take photos. I wanted to make a book anyway. This photo is from a postcard swap that Hula Seventy did. I've had it flagged for quite a while now, but haven't really had a reason to use it. Today I like it as dividers in a summer book. After I saw Molly's book I was thinking, "why not do the colors of summer?" Throw in all of the colors of the rainbow or go and grab paint swatches of summer to me colors + add white [for *I*s baptism and Baby's blessing among possible other things]. Plus all of the great colors of things that come out of the garden. Anyway, I think it's brilliant. Go and check it out. She's got some really great ideas for working it on the go and not making it difficult. I love the fill in the blank journaling pages that she gives. It's downloadable so grab it. Use it. I really think you should. on the same train, but a slightly different track... when I went to grab the link to Hula's blog I noticed that she's participating in a summer color week this week. I thought that was quite appropriate. Maybe I should join in. Maybe you should too!

No comments:

Post a Comment