Friday, May 21, 2010

I Stood In the Driveway

and looked at this run down old house of ours and decided that it really needed some sort of pick me up. Something to distract from the run down part. I knew that it had to be fairly cheap as we're on a very tight budget these days what with a car that seems it will die soon, a baby on the way, etc. Any residual money is being funneled away at present. We've done quite a bit on the inside these past nine years, but have mostly ignored the outside. Quite literally ignored it. I just refuse to see it. Anyway... As I stood there looking at the house it hit me. Window boxes. It was like a shining beam of light in the parting clouds. I've tossed around the idea of window boxes in the past, but it was always part of a grander scheme. This time it was purely a solution. A simple way to show the house some love. Nothing else required. Wow. Nine years it took me to come to that. Wow.

Photo links: L to R Volpaia Tuscany window box, flowery window box in Bavaria, O'Neills pub in Boher Ireland, maintaining the window boxes in Venice

2 comments: