Tuesday, May 11, 2010

2.for.Tuesday

I had chosen to let this weekly post go by the wayside for various reasons, but was recently informed that it was fun and needed to be reinstated. So, here you go... Once again I have big plans for the summer. They usually flop, but I'm trying to be optimistic. I'm hoping that with this new little coming the plans will give some semblance of order and motivation and attention to the boys. They are getting too big for their britches and seem to get lost in the moving and shaking of everyday life already. I can only imagine this + a new baby. They will be far too independent. Which isn't necessarily a good thing. So, one day a week we will have an organized art activity. It came to me while browsing. I saw this and knew that we had to do it. I think they'll love it. one: Cardboard stampede. I actually saw the project at MerMag. She's got her little boy working on their own little herd. I think this photo of her son working away is adorable. He looks so intent and sweet and quiet. I've already started cutting horse pieces [using Ann's template]. Oh please, oh please, oh please let this work. Please.
two: Quilts. I found the most amazing quilt blog with loads of beautiful quilts and brilliant make it quick ideas. Like this one she did at Sew Momma Sew. Brilliant. I keep trying to tell myself that I'm not a quilter. I am a piecer. I can honestly say that I love piecing quilts. I love it. But I hate quilting them. And, sad but true, tying a quilt just doesn't do it for me. They need to be quilted in an organized fashion. The crazy stitch so common with long arm quilting doesn't do much for me either. I might have to get over that little bit of awkwardness. If I'm going to be a quilter, that is.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad it's back - I need some inspiration in my life. So...are these art projects something you're going to share so I can copy? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. The horses are the art project. I'm not going to think of a new project every week. It will always be the horses.

    ReplyDelete