Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Am the Queen

of the car fixers. Seriously. Tonight, for the second time I can recall, I rescued *B* as he wrestled with a cracked radiator hose or something equally car'ish. He had been out working on the car for a couple of hours and after I got all of the littles into bed I went out to observe. He was near cussing. He had cuts on his hands. He was not happy. See, the new hose would not slide over the valve or whatever. It just wouldn't. I suggested trimming out the inside wall a bit and give the thing a little head start. Not the magic solution that I had hoped. He decided to try from underneath the car. With him out of the way I was able to work my magic. I took hold of that hose and after a couple of trys... yes. I got the hose on. Where was I two hours ago? And my hands cleaned up very nicely. Thank you very much. I'm going to cross no.7 off the list. Do something for someone that they can't do themselves. [the truth is, there is probably a very good possibility that in this case as well as the last, which I don't really remember... but there was an extremely long belt involved. And lots of pulleys. I do remember that I saved the day. Maybe the only reason I am queen of the car fixers is that my hands aren't quite as big as his. And I didn't put on gloves and could get a better grip. With minimal slippage. That's all I've got. But really, I think the truth is that I am the queen.]

1 comment:

  1. Hmmm...Mandi the Mechanic...I like it. My car is acting funny...would you mind?

    ReplyDelete