Friday, May 14, 2010

Once A Year

there is a designated girls weekend. Also known as Fathers and Sons. Usually I have big plans. Bigger plans than I could ever accomplish. This year it came incognito. I was taken unaware. It was never announced over the pulpit. This year I've gone to bed at 12:00+ the last three nights. Two of the nights are completely my fault, but for last night I am blaming Primerica. As you can probably imagine, I am exhausted. But I won't admit it. I'm in complete denial. I keep thinking, "I should be accomplishing something great tonight. It's my night. Probably the last that will be mine. So, this is how it is going so far:
Zip over to pick up dinner at Cafe Rio [shredded chicken burrito enchilada style with a side of guacamole anyone?]. Usually I save half for lunch the next day, but wow... the girl is a great eater. She was exhausted and I knew if I played my cards right we would have an early bedtime. So after dinner we hopped in the shower. Had a few bedtime stories and she fell asleep during I am a child of God [7:00 p.m]. Since then I have been trying to figure out how to customize the new page tabs that are right under my blog header. It's not going so well and I'm not sure I'll leave them there. I gave up and decided to upload the photos on my camera so I could share a few things before I forget. I've also been eating pretzel M&Ms. They're pretty good, but they don't seem to register. I would sit down with a small bowl of a designated amount if I were you. Here's my list of possibles:
  1. watch New Moon and eat a bowl of ice cream
  2. finish the scripture bag that was supposed to be for *A*s birthday since he keeps asking about it.
  3. cut squares for the levi quilt that is coming due very quickly. very quickly.
  4. start the doll the I plan to make for *E* for her birthday [thought I have decided that as much as I want to cut into the extremely cute fabrics I've got at the ready for this project [It will have various fabrics on random parts of her body much like this rabbit, I will not begin until I've finished with the scripture bags. I won't.
  5. cave in and order the baby journal/book It's done. I when I went to the site to grab the link and decided to just go for it [of course, I would start with the last thing on the list. It's so typical of me]. I keep telling myself that I could put together a similar kit myself, but that would be making things harder than they need to be since it just isn't flowing right now and it needs to be. putting together a baby book is on the list. nothing seems to be flowing right now. I seem to have entered the last stages of the cerebral/placental shift.

Or... I could just turn in early. my pregnant body is calling out for just that. It would be a first for Fathers and Sons weekend.

*A* lost his first tooth on Tuesday and again with the flakey toothfairy. Seriously, is my brain so addled that I can't remember the significant first lost tooth ever of this adorable little man? Yes, apparently it is. When he showed me the tooth in the morning, "Mom, look. But no money." he said [our toothfairy doesn't take the teeth... she knows that the kids have much more fun inspecting them regularly than she would stressing about how to keepsake them]. I began internally kicking myself repeatedly and told him what a bummer it is to have a flakey toothfairy. The second night I followed them down to bed and stuck a dollar with my toothbrush so I would be sure to get it taken care of. All was forgiven. The morning after the third night I watched him get up out of bed and cracked up when I saw him take his tooth out from under his pillow. He looked at me with a sheepish smile and shrugged his shoulders. I said, "it was worth a try wasn't it?" He was really hoping he could re-use that tooth for a second visit.

So, that settles it. Don't ever hire our toothfairy.

1 comment:

  1. Ha Ha - You crack me up Mandi! We have also been the flakey toothfairy - it happened twice with Ryan (one of them was his first tooth) He's such a cute kid! I hope you just went to bed. Sometimes thats the best alone time.

    ReplyDelete