Friday, April 30, 2010

We Just Keep On

keeping on. Trying to recover from bouts of the yuck. The girl is currently enjoying a diet of popsicles and ice cream. She has sores in her mouth [also known as stomatitis] and won't eat anything else. The doctor says it's just her body's reaction to the virus [cold] she has. She is one sad little cookie. I am also trying to recover from the yuck but it's not going so well as my sleep has been so rudely and so frequently interupted the last week or so. I'm sure it will come sooner or later. Other snippets:
  1. I have a library book that is a week over due. No, make that 10 days. This never happens. It must be that 33 day Book of Mormon challenge I've got myself on. I'm sure the other three library books I have will be over due soon as well.
  2. I'm almost finished putting together our 2007 family book. I'm trying to finish it before the free paper upgrade from Blurb expires on May 4th. I'd better get it wrapped up [if you have a book ready to publish let me know and I'll hook you up with the free code].
  3. A volleyball friend of mine had twin boys and I had no money so I decided to finally bust out the pattern I found on the internet for baby bear hats and give it a go. I had to re-work the first one five times because I was using a chunky yarn and the hats were coming out *A* sized [which he liked very much, by the way]. But I finally got them to what I thought was baby sized or close enough. Turns out they were more like 3 month old baby sized, which is just about right for my babies, but not so much for little 5 pounders. But who knew they were only five pounds? Not me.
  4. As a result of #3, I am now obsessed with baby bear hats. Our Y.W. are having a camp fund raising dinner and they asked for donations for an auction. Naturally I signed up to donate two baby bear hats. Plus, I have two friends having babies this month. And, of course, our own little #4 coming in July. It's a good thing they only take a couple of hours. If you were wondering, I think I have the hats to an approximate newborn size. Just right for showing off in the hospital. Because who doesn't want a baby that looks like this? Now all I need is a newborn...

I think that one will be taken care of much sooner than I am ready for. Seriously.

4 comments:

  1. Those hats are so cute! we had a relief society activity the other day and made loom hats for the nursery at DRMC. That was fun, but those are so much cuter!!! We are so excited to meet your new little bundle!! especially ella...she reminds me all the time that she has a new cousin coming!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry that you have the yucks at your house. That is no fun. Poor E. That sounds totally miserable. Camille and I love the baby bear hats. If they aren't too hard, Camille would love to know how to make them. Maybe at family reunion? Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those hats are adorable, they turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know this is a late post, but those hats look very familiar--perhaps I saw a few in La Paz. Yours are much cuter. :)

    ReplyDelete