Friday, April 16, 2010

More Questions

from Tollipop's hypothetical Friday. I would love to know what you would choose... 1. Would you rather never have to wait in another line (on foot), or would you rather always have the right of way at intersections...meaning no more red lights (via automobile)? I say, "Down with red lights!" 2. Would you rather have the power to read people's thoughts, or would you like the ability to communicate with animals? (Sorry, that's borderline creepy...let's not say complete access to someone's mind, but more just an incredibly heightened awareness and perception of what people are feeling and thinking.) I would go with the heightened awareness on this one. I'm totally clueless in most situations. One time in college this guy asked me if I wanted to ride with him to a fundraiser luau for the football team and I said that'd be great but I was going to drive a few friends. Could they ride with us. He said that was okay. I brought a boy [a couple of other girls too, but the problem turned out to be the boy]. I totally missed it until someone clued me in a few weeks later. Sheesh. 3. Would you like the ability to see a mile underground, or would you like the ability to see a mile underwater? "Seeing a mile underwater would be cool. But then again, maybe, just maybe, "there's gold in them thar hills." 4. If you could wander in and out of the plot of any book, what would it be? For some reason "Ender's Game" popped into my head. I'm sure I can think of something better though... Chronicles of Narnia. Pride and Prejudice. The Bible. 5. Would you rather have a secret garden full of all sorts of lovely growing things, with a cozy bench and a perfect patch of sunlight, and the power to bring anyone, anyone at all, to that place for a visit, or would you rather discover a secret corner in a library, a place no one else knows about or could ever find, with a huge, comfy cushion, a stack of wonderful books, and a window that allowed you a changing view of anywhere in the world (you simply had to ask)? Oh, to have a secret garden and to invite my Grandmas for a bit of cake. 6. Would you rather have an endless bar of the most scrumptious chocolate, or a perennial loaf of fresh bread (with no consequences, either way)? Bread. Bread of any variety I choose with whichever spread I desire. And warm. Always warm.

1 comment:

  1. I want to be invited to the grandma party. I think that Grandma Mickelson would be someone that I could pick her brain for hours - and Grma Hughes - well - she's Grma Hughes. You've just gotta love being with her.

    ReplyDelete