Thursday, March 26, 2009

What I Did Today.

The other night I was feeling like I never get a solitary thing done. The house was bugging me. The kids were bugging me. I was bugging me... *B* made a list of the things I had done that day. I snorted and said it's really pathetic when he's trying to cheer me up with a list and the best he can come up with is "the bed is made." But, he made his point. I do things. I made a list yesterday and another today. I'm working on feeling good about what I do everyday and trying not to focus on what I don't do... This is what I did: *I* brings in the girl because she's crying. I nurse her then get up/dressed + fix her breakfast. "encourage" *I* to do his a.m. pegs + get him off to school. put whites in wash. vacuum the girls floor and gather her toys so she can play. pick up in bathroom + empty garbage + scrub the floor + swish brush around in toilet + gather supplies to mop floor. the girl is crying. rock the girl. phonecall from PTA pres. re: yearbook checks. phone call from *B* + chat. strip *A's* wet bedding off for washing. decide toilet needs more than swish. really scrub toilet. rock + nurse the girl + put her down for nap. clear breakfast dishes + load/start dishwasher + pull labels/glue off babyfood jars. phonecall from Melissa re: soccer cleats for *I* + *A* goes to play. check soccer schedule for jersey color + remember after game snacks. eat cookie + drink water + work on list. clear + wipe table + sweep kitchen/dining room. the girl wakes up. feed her. lunch call w/ *B* I eat noodles. clean + play with the girl..."where's your ears?" she grabs them and smiles then claps when I cheer for her + she falls asleep. freshen up levis in drier. work on Erin's box... eat two cookies. sucked into summer hairstyles on the www. >>> check e-mail >>>listology 1001 books to read before you die >>>shelfari shelf browsing >>>schedule AmX payment >>>pay utilities >>>set up mortgage auto payment plan phonecall. fold levis + whites in to dry + *A* wet bedding in to wash. girl awake again. feather headband how-to on MJ Trim >>>checking out favorite blogs >>>random crown search >>>awesome knitting pattern >>>tell myself "GET OFF THE COMPUTER!" phonecall from Melissa re: *A* make it home? he did. then he left again. hmm... should I be worried about him? *I* home. work on homework. try to motivate him to do jobs. he disappears. *A* bedding in to dry. rock the girl. start dinner + *B* home + eat + guys go to soccer game. give the girl a bath in the kitchen sink + put on jammies + rock + cuddle + nurse + she falls asleep. work on Erin's birthday. guys home + March Madness + boys wake up the girl + boys to bed in trouble. e-mail >>>answer Erin's question "who was your first kiss + how old were you" + get *B's* answer >>>start blog post. put girl in crib to cry + cut *B's* hair + rock the girl to sleep. watch end of Villanova vs. Duke + Missouri vs. Memphis games + have few bites of icecream... It has been really good for me to have this awareness. I did get some things finished and I got a lot of things started. While it's true that the table needs to be cleaned off again + the floor has crumbs on it again + the sink is full again, I can see now and appreciate that it was done. Three days ago I would look at the house and feel frustrated because I knew I had been going all day but nothing seemed done. Today I know I had a full day and can see the humor in the crazy randomness of my life. I am enjoying the journey. finish post + go to bed.

7 comments:

  1. You did get a lot done! I would be happy if I got that much done. Life is a little crazy with a newborn. Speaking of babies, I need to see an updated picture of the girl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a good idea! Life definately gets crazy and you can start to feel like you aren't really doing anything and wondering where all your time went. This is a good way to focus on the positive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...I hope you realize how MUCH you got done. Writing it all down really makes you realize how busy you are as a mother. And you, my dear, are a great one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You ARE amazing, that is exactly what the book I am reading, "Take two Chocolates and call me in the Morning," talks about. You even cut B's hair. Wow...that takes up my ENTIRE night with Aaron. You are lucky!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved this post. I had been feeling the same way and a couple of weeks ago was told by a counselor to write down everything I did for one week. I have to say I was pretty impressed when I looked over my list. I was accomplishing thing and not even realizing it. Good Job on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BUSY. I think it is a good idea to do this. Then you realize that you really DO do a lot. I think if I wrote down what I did, it would motivate me to do more too, because I could look at it on a list. I am weird that way.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Geez...you make me tired! Well done you! And - thanks for sticking my birthday fun in there - It's AWESOME!!! I'm going to take a picture of it and send it to you so that can be one of your 2forTuesday fun things...because it's SO FUN!

    ReplyDelete