Tuesday, March 3, 2009

2.for.Tuesday

one: Have I shared "through-the-viewfinder" photography with you yet? If I have, you're getting it again... only more feasible. When I first saw the photos that HulaSeventy was taking I fell in love with them. The whole concept to me was fun + random + I knew I had to try it. I went looking for a twin lens reflex camera. They are considered vintage/antique so can be a little pricey. I couldn't bring myself to buy one just to satisfy my curiosity. My wise sister, Erin, let me know that someone would come up with a photo overlay/action to get the effect. I just needed to be patient. Oh great wise one... you are so right. Of course it was the brilliant team of Heidi Swapp and Rhonna Farrer. So... I love these.
two: A repurposed sweater. Molly Irwin is brilliant. I absolutely want to try felting wool and making something cool. Something cool like this adoreable sweater set.
In closing: As I'm not entirely convinced that my love is the end product or the fascination I have with the process. So, with that said... If any of you like to frequent second hand stores/thrift stores and ever come across one of these cameras at a decent price (I could see myself paying up to, oh... $40) call me, or if you can't call + you know it's too good to pass up, I give you permission to make the purchase for me. I'm good for it. Please keep your eyes peeled for wool sweaters on the cheap too.
As a note: The camera doesn't have to be the same brand as the picture. Just a twin lens reflex (basically that means it has two lenses and you look through the top to shoot the picture) I'm looking for one with a square view finder (the part you look through) and I would love if it was a little messy/aged like the edges in the sample photo. I want a camera with personality. I do want to be able to see through it though.
And I love striped sweaters. The bigger the better. Must be 100% wool.
Enjoy the journey!

2 comments:

  1. I will keep a look out for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH my!!! Where did you find this house of 3 website? I'm super way too excited! I'm also wanting one of those cameras! Even if it just sits on my shelf and looks cute!

    ReplyDelete