Saturday, December 13, 2008

Twelve Days of Christmas Memories

I signed up to get e-mails from Jeannette Herdman (of SIStv) for making and preserving Christmas memories. Today the boys started their Christmas journals. I bought them a few of my favorite things: new composition notebooks (the cool kind with kindergarten style lines and space on top to draw/ color pictures), a fresh box of crayons, glitter glue, and a brand new pencil. They were so excited. *I* said, "Mom, this is the greatest surprise ever!" They wanted to fill the entire book up tonight, but I had to explain to them that these are their Christmas journals. They get to write/color something in them everyday. They can only work in them with me. They can only fill them with Christmas/December type stuff. When Christmas is over they will be packed away until next year when hopefully they will think they are fun and new again and in 10+ years we can all laugh and enjoy what they have written + drawn. Today they did, "What I really want for Christmas". Tomorrow I'm hoping to start on my own. I've been tempted for the past few years to join Ali in her December Daily project but still haven't given in. Maybe this will be good enough. I'm counting on not being able to remember anything when I get older since I can't remember anything now. I need to do something to keep these times alive. I took pictures. I'll come back and post them... Enjoy the journey!

3 comments:

  1. That is SUCH a fantastic idea!!! I will, of course, have to copy it. I've been looking at Ali's project too, and really wanting to do it. But, I'm with you. I'd have to start in October, so maybe next year. I did almost go to Trader Joe's yesterday to get that cute paper bag, though! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'm not organized enough to do it, though. Not with school, picking up Steve from work, and doctor's appointments. Maybe I'll try it when they are out of school for winter vacation (two whole weeks-I already feel myself going crazy).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those notebooks sound SO cute! I will have to do that for Carson next year. I really want to start a family Christmas journal. How cute that *I* was so excited about it. Don't you love those times as a mom?

    ReplyDelete