Tuesday, December 16, 2008

2.for.Tuesday

Wow! I say this every week, I know, but honestly... I can't believe it's Tuesday again already! For you viewing enjoyment today I have one incredibly cute yet obnoxiously involved project and one really easy made-from-found-sticks project. Enjoy!
one: A Paper Holiday Village. Claudine Hellmuth caught my eye a couple of years ago when I first saw her collages. I think they're quirky and fun (my sister thinks they're creepy). These houses are super cute. In all honesty, I will probably never make them. I will just hold on to the link and think that someday I will.
two: This one is from Molly Irwin. I love stars and I love stick stars even more. Today you can take a walk with your kids and gather sticks to make these stars. They're fun and easy and then you can hang them on your tree. Easy peasy. F.Y.I: I have made these. It is easy... I just liked Molly's photo better. Her stars are bigger!
Hope your all having fun reveling in the Christmas spirit!
Speaking of Christmas spirit. We had an angel drop by our house last night... A phone call + a message to look out on the porch + a mini tree dressed up with money = a huge blessing for us. We've had a lot of little (well some are not so little) things taking a huge toll on our financials this year and, well... whoever did this for us... Wow!
Spread the joy in whatever way you can.
Enjoy the Journey!

3 comments:

  1. Wow a money tree? Thats fabulous. Your ideas are so cute to. How do you find time to be so creative with a baby and two other kids? You amaze me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a great thing! There will always be blessings when you're as good as you and *B* - check me out not using the name!
    I LOVE LOVE LOVE the stick stars. Totally do-able. And the people are creepy!
    Oh - and do you have the yardstick poem? I'm totally doing that for my neighbors this year. :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute stars, I think I will have to remember to collect sticks all year and make those next year for my Christmas ornaments! Thanks for all your fun ideas.

    ReplyDelete