Thursday, June 12, 2008

Two Things...

I have been getting the biggest kick out of Little Man #2 lately. He does the funniest things. I need to get them down so I don't forget and they get lost in the wash. First off, we have finished with t-ball (which is an incredible waste of time and was really only enjoyable to *I* because of the treats and the trophy... he said the games were boring and he was so very right). After the last game we went out to celebrate at Ernesto's. As we were enjoying our chips and the best salsa in the world *A* reaches across the table and picks up the pepper. He very carefully placed a chip on his napkin and proceeded to shake a single speck of pepper onto the chip. Then he tasted it, shrugged his shoulders, and picked up another chip. This chip received quite a bit more pepper. He ate it. Next chip... buried in pepper. Before he could eat it *I* informed him that pepper is hot. He picked up the chip, patted the back side to spill off some of the pepper and then ate it. I enjoyed observing this totally random behavior and I wished I had my camera. The second happened yesterday. *I* was playing a soccer-type catch game with a little boy at the rec center. *A* was keeping score. It went something like this: "Four-finity! Eight-finity! Zero-finity! Microwave-finity! Garbage-finity! etc. " Nice counting big man! Enjoy the Journey! Oh yes, one more thing. FYI: we are currently facing at the possibility of another c-section. Is there something anatomically wrong with my body that my children feel the need to keep their heads in my ribs? Are they like their daddy and get sick so they have to be head up? Or are they just so stinking huge that it's more comfortable to lay across this way than be squashed up the other? I can't imagine that having their head bonking into my ribs is any more comfortable for them than it is for me...

5 comments:

  1. I just noticed you only have 18 more days. It probably seems like forever to you. I hope that you are feeling as good as can be expected at this stage of your pregnancy. Good luck with the delivery and I hope everything goes well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kids are so funny. It's fun to watch them come up with things. I hope the baby turns around before you deliver. If not, good luck with the c-section!! Let us know if you need anything :)
    -mel

    ReplyDelete
  3. The randomness of childrens thoughts is really quite histerical. I'm glad your writing these things down, so one day when he's a grown man you can both laugh together. I'm sorry about your unyielding child in the womb, there is still time though...

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUNNY KID! I also like watching your little man #2. He reminds me a lot of Bea - they are both so random and the funniest things come out of their mouths. It must have something to do with being 3 days apart. None of my other kids are that hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't believe you have a breech baby AGAIN!!! I think it happens for a reason. Good luck these last few days. We are SO excited for you!

    ReplyDelete