Friday, June 6, 2008

New Quote and Randomness

Yes, and it's about time. I was reading Ali's newest newsletter and I loved this quote she used. "I will not die an unlived life." Similar to my no regrets attitude I had in college when I went on a three day hike with people I didn't know at all. Or when I climbed the climbing wall set up in the middle of campus just to prove I could because it scared me to death by humiliation. Or when I told this guy I liked him just so he would know because I'm not good at sharing myself... plenty of other examples. None of them earth shattering. Mostly just small, everyday stuff that isn't a big deal at all but seemed huge at the time. What happened to that? Until last week I had this sticky-note stuck to the window of my cupboards that said "nurture happiness". It was no regrets evolved. Regrets now involve my guys. I want them to grow up happy. To try new things. To explore life and everything it has to offer. I try to do this, really I do, but I'm not great at it. Right now I'm stuck in the "if only's". If only he would clean up all of the paper scraps he leaves lying around when he cuts out the entire ocean of sea creatures. If only he would ask instead of sneaking into my stuff like a little thief. It makes me want to scream. Sometimes I do. Then I feel bad and think I'm the worst mom in the world. I threw that sticky-note away because it kept falling on the floor. It had been there for a year at least. I think I need to make another one and keep trying. Get rid of the "if only's" and nurture happiness. Mine and theirs. Enjoy the Journey!

1 comment:

  1. I really enjoyed the quote and your blog. I think your harder on yourself than neccessary. What mom doesn't get frustrated? I think we need the reminders to live without regret, it can be a horribly corrosive thing. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete