Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Happy Tuesday!

We are home. We came home yesterday. We had really great nurses at the hospital this time, but it's still the hospital and it's good to be home. My mom is here helping and I actually got some sleep last night. It was wonderful! I really needed it. I was feeling swollen and bloated and just not good. I feel like a whole new person this morning.
Emma is a little piggy. I think I "fed" her for two days straight so when my milk came in Sunday night it came in full force. I am still trying to get rid of the engorgement and get the whole system regulated. Funny thing, now when she eats she falls asleep. I think she's exhausted from not sleeping those two days. She is just like the boys in that way... eating trumps everything else.
The boys love her. They just want to look at her. *A* is having a hard time staying away from my belly. He gets his feelings hurt every once in a while because he doesn't mean to hurt me.
So, as promised, here are some pictures. I am making a conscious effort to take a picture of her every day... possibly my new 365 project... but not making any promises on that front. Here are the first three days of her life:

What I know:

She has quite a bit of hair in the back. It looks strawberry blonde or light auburn. She came out crying big crocodile tears. In the hospital the only place she would sleep was on her daddy's chest. I love the little shirts they put on them at the hospital. I wanted to bring it home. Her middle name is Louise... after my Grandma Mick. She has huge long hands (fingers) and feet. Piano? Basketall? Volleyball? ... All of the above? I think she will be a thumb sucker and I'm okay with that. I think she's pretty special... for a girl!

Enjoy the Journey

4 comments:

  1. She is gorgeous! I love her name, I think you guys will have so much fun with her! I think its so cute that she would only sleep on daddy's chest! Let me know if the boys need to come over and play to give you a rest!
    -mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made my day- thanks so much for the pictures you posted. She is BEAUTIFUL. I am so happy that you guys have a little girl. How lucky she is to have two older brothers to take care of her. I don't think she looks like Ammon so much? I think it is hard to tell the first few days anyways. How are you feeling? Are you in tons of pain? I hope you are doing ok. I can't wait to see and hold little Emma. I am glad that everything went well. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea for pictures, she is adorable! I am glad you have your mom staying with you. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help after she leaves! Get better soon and enjoy "loving on" your little Emma!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is so cute! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete